Here are a few Advantages of Soft Water
- Having soft water saves you money. According to a study by the Battelle Institute, you use up to 75% less soap and fewer cleaning products with soft water. Considering the soap and detergent aisle is the most expensive aisle in the grocery store, your budget will immediately reflect the savings!
- Your plumbing will last longer. Hard water can cause a buildup of scale from mineral deposits. Over time, pipes and fixtures can clog, water flow can diminish, and water pressure can be reduced. This doesn’t happen with soft water. Soft water is low in mineral content and therefore doesn’t leave deposits in the pipes.
- Your hot water heater will last longer. Scale and lime buildup created by minerals will not take place if your water is soft. This adds life to your hot water heater. Also, if you have deposits in your hot water heater, the University of New Mexico found it will cost up to 29.6% more to heat the water that your family does use.
- Diminished razor burn and less dry, cracked skin: Soft water causes the razor to glide more easily across the face. This, in turn, causes your razor blades to last longer. Hard water minerals can also buildup on your skin. You know that “squeaky” clean feeling after a shower? Well that’s not the feel of your natural skin. Often it’s the result of minerals bonding with your soap to stick to your skin.
- Water-using appliances will last longer. Whether it’s your coffee pot, your humidifier, or your hot tub, your hard water is causing a buildup of minerals and reducing the life of these products.
Soft water is beneficial throughout your home
In the Kitchen…
- Shiny, spotless dishes and glasses
- Sparkling-clean sinks
- Longer life for plumbing and appliances
- Cleaner dishwasher with no scale buildup
In the Bathroom…
- Cleaner fixtures with no soap scum buildup
- Stain-free sinks, tubs, and showers
- Softer skin and more manageable hair
- Use less shampoo and conditioners
In the Laundry…
- Wash is fresher, cleaner, and brighter
- Longer life for washing machine
- Use less detergent
- Softer clothes
I just spoke to Jonathan in your office and set up bottled water delivery to my home. I just want your management to know how kind, considerate and helpful Jonathan was in serving my initial order and set up. It is refreshing to receive exemplary customer service these days.
[I] called to pay for a service call and wanted to let you know that [I'm] so thrilled with the service received from Shawn over the phone and Nick in person. It was a top notch experience.
We were already well underway with remodeling our kitchen and were getting ready for school to start again, so needless to say things were hectic around our house. In the process, we had gutted the kitchen and needed some way to have water available in/near the kitchen while we were
We were already well underway with remodeling our kitchen and were getting ready for school to start again, so needless to say things were hectic around our house. In the process, we had gutted the kitchen and needed some way to have water available in/near the kitchen while we were remodeling.
Wanting an easy way to get info, I filled out your online form about bottled water and water coolers. I was pleasantly surprised by your quick and thorough reply, explaining the different options and pricing for Hawkins’ services.
Through conversations and the information you provided, it was clear that while the bottled water or cooler option would solve our immediate situation, a long-term solution for convenient, refreshing water would be your sink-mount Reverse Osmosis system. So we made arrangements for its installation.
Your technician ~ Kevin ~ came out and he was all business; he put the other guys to shame with his efficiency and productivity! He quickly installed the system and we made arrangements for him to come back to finalize the installation when the granite counters arrived.
After he left, I counted the pre-granite holes made in the counter “base” and realized that the place he had intended to put the RO system was the space I had already committed to my garbage disposal button. So when the granite arrived, he had to do some modifications for a tidy and effective placement. He happily did that and looked at the connection to the water in my fridge, to make sure it was working properly. All the while, he was polite, accommodating and just plain great to work with.
I was telling my neighbor about our experience and she said “Oh, yes! Everyone knows Hawkins is the best!”
Thanks for having the foresight to help me discover what I needed instead of just “taking the sale” for what I thought I wanted. Please feel free to use me as a reference for your business, anytime!
I just wanted to thank you and especially Curt in your sales office. I was so impressed with his knowledge and helpfulness. I called with a problem on equipment Hawkins did not install that I was sure would need to be replaced. Curt made a trip to my house the...more
I just wanted to thank you and especially Curt in your sales office. I was so impressed with his knowledge and helpfulness. I called with a problem on equipment Hawkins did not install that I was sure would need to be replaced. Curt made a trip to my house the same day and did something very unusual for a typical salesman – he fixed our old unit! He was so educational – teaching me how to use the unit and explaining all the working parts. His help was truly a blessing in our lives as replacing the unit would have been quite a burden for us right now. I will definitely give Hawkins and Curt my future business. Thank you and God Bless!
More than expected! Our experience working with the fine folks at Hawkins Water was the best we could ever have imagined. Their team bent over backwards to ensure that our final water treatment system met our expectations. I use the word “team” in its truest sense. Our installation included water...more
More than expected! Our experience working with the fine folks at Hawkins Water was the best we could ever have imagined. Their team bent over backwards to ensure that our final water treatment system met our expectations. I use the word “team” in its truest sense. Our installation included water softening and a reverse osmosis (RO) system. It turned out that we didn’t care for the taste of the RO water. That’s where the team at Hawkins really showed their commitment to customer satisfaction. They worked with us to try solving this issue – without any hesitation. In the end, we had the RO unit removed and switched over to filtered hard water for drinking. It turned out that my wife and I just didn’t like the taste of RO water. During this process we were impressed with the diligence that the Hawkins Team placed in resolving our issue. As if that wasn’t enough, we received full reimbursement for the removed RO unit. To sum it up – call Hawkins Water if you are considering installing a water treatment system.